Transforming Talks Program
Few of us are natural born storytellers. And even fewer of us are ready to tell our story on a TED stage — or any stage that puts us on the spot. And that’s ok, because anyone can develop, sharpen, and grow their storytelling skills through our Transforming Talks Program.
As the leader for presenting important ideas through storytelling, TED started us on a journey that led to our Transforming Talks Program. Designed to train speakers for a specific event, it spans 8 weeks and consists of a series of one-on-one coaching engagements, practice, and preparation, peer and video reviews, and more. It offers a lot — but demands commitment from participants.
Whether you need to give a talk or curate a program of topics and speakers for a specific meeting, event, or conference, this program is for you. Each participant will begin with an idea, message or desired outcome of their talk. From there they will learn how to build an outline, incorporate storytelling techniques, select visuals, and obtain coaching feedback on content, style, and delivery.
At its core, our Transforming Talks Program:
- TEACHES a compelling way to present information by harnessing the power of storytelling.
- HUMANIZES by making the experts vulnerable and their stories personal.
- SIMPLIFIES complex subject matter to one central idea, leading to greater understanding.
- COMPELS audiences with a reason to care, learn and also take action.
- TRANSFORMS people, perceptions and internal cultures, as well as how to communicate better going forward. It has the ability to renew greater appreciation and momentum for your organization’s purpose.
8-week sequence of one-on-one coaching, solo research, practice, and performance reviews
5 coaching engagements
1 video review
1 peer review
Whether you are charged with curating and training speakers for an event or are working independently to prepare for a speaking engagement, start by calling us at least 8 weeks in advance so we can work together to make your event a success.
TRANSFORMING TALKS PROGRAM ALUMNI
Dozens of organizations and thousands of individuals from business, healthcare, education, research, science, data and analytics have enrolled and benefited from our Transforming Talks Program. Program participants include both event organizers and speakers preparing for a variety of conferences, ceremonies, and meetings, including:
- Ford Global Data & Analytics — GDIA Summit
- Women in Analytics — Annual Conference
- The Ohio State University Development Department
- OSU Wexner Medical Center Development Department — WexMedLive Events
- The Ohio State University Office of Research / Tech Commercialization — Innovator Awards Ceremony
- Star Trek Conference
- DSW and Designer Brands — Leadership Conference
- Net Jets — Leadership Conference
- UVAHealth — Development Campaign Kickoff Event
- Alliance Data — Analytics Summit
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital — DiscoveryX
- Nationwide Children’s Hospital — Research Retreat
- UnitedHealthCare — Quarterly Leadership “Pulse” Town Halls
- EcoLab — EcoLab Talks events